Tuesday, November 13, 2012

And so, it begins.

And so it begins. I guess I should start off with a little introduction of myself. I was born, I grew up and I continue to live. That is the vaguest description of myself that I could quickly come up with. But to at least put myself out there in a small way; I was born and raised in New York to an old school Jamaican family. I am the youngest, and was somewhat spoiled being the "only" girl (there are quotations for only for a reason). As of now, I am in school (still...) and learning what I want out of life. For some reason, I was given this notion that we just know what we want from life and how we would get it. I always assumed that if you didn't have a plan, no matter how minute or impossible it was, you have failed in life. But is there truly a way to fail life? Is it actually possible to be on your death bed, looking back on life and not being able to think of one moment that made you so happy, or that made you feel accomplished? Perhaps we put too much emphasis on what we should, or have to, do in order to succeed. Instead, we should take the moments as they come, good and bad, and enjoy the fact that we are alive and that we do exist, and that someone loves us.

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment